PAWTUCKET, R.I. – Endicott freshman Alyssa Peterson (Cranberry Township, Pa.) stopped 17 shots in her collegiate debut to guide the women's ice hockey team to a 2-0 conference win over Johnson & Wales University on Saturday night at Lynch Arena.
The Gulls received tallies from Jillian Gibbs (Burlington, Vt.) and Teneal Perry (Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada) in the first and second periods, respectively, both via feeds from Michaela McNamara (Warwick, R.I.) to account for the scoring.
In the first period at 15:17, Gibbs beat Johnson & Wales University goaltender Julia Aberg (Stockholm, Sweden) top-shelf on a breakaway after receiving a loss pass from McNamara for her first career goal. Meanwhile, Perry scored at the 7:05 mark of the second off a feed by McNamara from behind the net that she chipped home inside the right post.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 4-0-0 in the all-time series against the Wildcats.
- Perry tallied her first goal of the season tonight.
- Peterson made seven saves in the first, and five in both the second and third periods.
- Meredith Vlachos (East Bridgewater, Mass.) won a game-high 13 faceoffs, while Maggie Layo (Sandwich, Mass.) earned 12 victories in the face-off circle.
- The Gulls are 2-0-0 on the road this year.
FOR THE FOES
- Aberg made 41 saves in tonight's loss (0-2-0), and 63 in last night's matchup at Endicott to collect 104 total between both contests.
- Kathy Ensor (St. Louis, Mo.) had 12 face-off wins.
Endicott (3-0-0, 2-0-0 CHC) hosts Becker next Saturday at 2:30 p.m. Johnson & Wales (1-2-0, 0-2-0 CHC) takes on Stevenson University in Pawtucket, Rhode Island next Friday at 5:55 p.m.