BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's ice hockey team completed the regular season with a 3-1 conference victory over Morrisville State on Saturday afternoon at the Morrisville IcePlex. The Gulls secured the No. 1 seed in the upcoming Colonial Hockey Conference (CHC) Tournament and the right to host the semifinal and championship rounds.
Endicott struck first with a tally from Jillian Gibbs (Burlington, Vt.) at the 11:45 mark of the first period to take a 1-0 lead.
Gibbs quickly made it a 2-0 game with her second goal of the contest just 1:27 into the second period.
The Mustangs cut the deficit in half with time winding down in the second frame when Kylie Cameron (Burlington, Ontario) found the back of the net at the 17:42 mark.
Caroline Hughes (Andover, Mass.) netted her sixth goal of the season to secure the 3-1 victory and No. 1 seed in the upcoming CHC Tournament.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 4-5-1 all-time versus Morrisville.
- Alyssa Peterson (Cranberry Township, Pa.) recorded 20 saves for the Gulls to improve to 8-1-0 on the season.
- Karoline Arvik (Trondheim, Norway) made 18 stops during the loss.
- Jade Meier (Fairbanks, Alaska) added two assists during the contest while Courtney Sullivan (North Yarmouth, Maine) and Meaghan Farragher (Bridgewater, Mass.) were each credited with one.
- The Gulls secured the No. 1 seed in the upcoming CHC Tournament for the second time in program history (first time was 2016-17 season). The seeding for the CHC Tournament is determined by points earned during conference games (two points for a win, one point for a tie).
Endicott (17-4-4, 9-2-1 CHC) and Morrisville State (14-8-2, 6-4-2 CHC) await the release of the CHC Tournament pairings.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)