BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's lacrosse team defeated Wentworth, 19-1, on Saturday afternoon in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action at Hempstead Stadium.
Prior to today's game, Elizabeth Reda (Wilton, Conn.), Brenna Shannon (Stratham, N.H.), and Isabelle Sipperly (Greenwich, N.Y.) were all honored for their contributions towards the women's lacrosse program.
Endicott's offense featured 12 different goal scorers today. The Gulls received hat-tricks from Emily Whitney (Rye, N.H.), Jackie Healy (Northborough, Mass.), and Erin McCarthy (Old Lyme, Conn.), and also saw Julianne Piatelli (Wrentham, Mass.), Teneal Perry (Halifax, Nova Scotia), Julia Strycharz (Lyme, Conn.), and Reda all score their first career goals in the win.
Amanda Dexter (Harvard, Mass.) buried the lone goal for the Leopards at the 3:00 mark of the second half off of a free position attempt.
Endicott starting goalie Maura Grady (Marblehead, Mass.) made two saves to push her record to 3-8 on the season. Molly Lane (Durham, Maine) also made one save in 18:03 of playing time, while Bella Rino (Northborough, Mass.) stopped two shots in 20:56 of action.
Wentworth starter Hayley Patton (Cranston, R.I.) compiled nine saves in the loss (2-11).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 4-0 in the all-time series versus Wentworth, which dates back to April 2, 2013.
- Whitney finished the day with a team-high six points. Whitney has led the Gulls in points in seven games this season.
- Whitney also led the squad in draw controls with five.
- As a team, the Gulls won 16 draw controls, and also went 11-for-15 in transition.
FOR THE FOES
- Brooke Paradis (Pelham, N.H.) notched a team-high two caused turnovers.
- Leah Cummins (Plymouth, Mass.) registered a team-high three ground balls.
Endicott (5-8, 4-1 CCC) travels to Nichols on Wednesday, April 20 for a conference matchup at 7 p.m. Wentworth (2-11, 0-5 CCC) visits Gordon next Wednesday at 4 p.m.