BIDDEFORD, Maine. – The Endicott women's lacrosse team closed out the regular season with a 20-7 victory over the University of New England on Wednesday afternoon.
The Gulls jumped out to an early 4-1 lead in the first eight minutes of the contest and never looked back the rest of the way.
Bella Rino (Northborough, Mass.) got the start in net for the Gulls and recorded nine saves to improve to 11-5 on the season.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Gabriella Prisco (West Haven, Conn.) netted three goals for the Gulls, while Julia Lantieri (Glastonbury, Conn.), Ali Campbell (Lakeville, Mass.), and Allie Lawlor (York, Maine) all found the back of the net twice. Maggie Berger (Old Lyme, Conn.) and Morgan Pike (Shapleigh, Maine) rounded out the scoring with a goal apiece.
- Leading the Gulls in assists were Jackie Healy (Northborough, Mass.), Aleah MacKay (Bedford, N.H.), and Campbell with two each.
- Taylor Hopkins (Pelham, N.Y.) was credited with the loss for the Nor'easters. Maritza Nary (Dover, N.H.) finished out the game with five saves.
- Keara Dwyer (Cazenovia, N.Y.) accounted for four of UNE's goals and Molly Camelo (Melrose, Mass.) contributed three tallies.
- With the win, Endicott finished a perfect 8-0 in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) play. They clinched the regular season championship and earned the No. 1 seed in the upcoming CCC Tournament.
Endicott (12-5, 8-0 CCC) earns a bye to the semifinal round of the CCC Tournament and will play either the No. 4 or No. 5 seed on Tuesday, April 30. UNE (9-7, 6-2 CCC) will play in the CCC quarterfinal round on Saturday, April 27 with the opponent to be determined.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)