BEVERLY, Mass. – The fifth-seeded Endicott women's soccer team (10-7-2) is set to travel to third-seeded University of New England (12-5-2) on Saturday afternoon at 1 PM in the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Tournament championship. Here is a preview of Saturday's contest.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Endicott is 16-11-1 all-time agaisnt UNE dating back to 1994. The Gulls have taken three of the last four meetings between the two programs.
- The Gulls have won two straight road matches in the CCC Tournament, defeating No. 4 WNE in the quarterfinals 1-0 in double-overtime, before advancing past No. 1 Gordon on penalty kicks in the semifinals.
- No. 3 UNE advanced to the CCC championship after defeating No. 6 Salve Regina 2-0 at home in the quarterfinals and No. 2 Roger Williams 2-1 on the road in the CCC semifinals.
- Endicott is 2-2 in the last four matches that were played at UNE.
- This is the 14th appearance in the CCC championship for Endicott since joining the conference in 1999, of which the Gulls have won nine. This is the second appearance all-time in the CCC championship for UNE, after the Nor'Easters won the title in 2018.
The winner of Saturday's match will secure a berth in the upcoming NCAA Division III Championship.