BEVERLY, Mass. – The No. 1 seeded Endicott women's volleyball team (18-10, 7-1 CCC) will play host to No. 4 Roger Williams (16-12, 6-2 CCC) on Thursday, November 1st, at 7:00 PM, in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Semifinal play.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Endicott and Roger Williams have played 36 times in the storied rivalry. The two programs have played to an even 18-18 split heading into tonight's semifinal match.
- The Gulls are led by a trio of major award winners in Player of the Year Zoey Gifford (Natick, Mass.), Libero of the Year Mackenzie Kennedy (Andover, Mass.) and Rookie of the Year Colleen McAvoy (Coventry, Conn.), while the two programs combined to claim nine All-CCC honors in 2018.
- Tonight's match features multiple athletes ranked amongst the top statistical leaders in Division III. For Endicott, Gifford leads the CCC and ranks 14th nationally in assists/set (10.69) while also leading the conference with 1,058 assists, good for 25th in DIII. Emma Mancini (Lynnfield, Mass.) ranks second in the CCC in kills/set (3.96) and points/set (4.47), good for 30th and 39th nationally.
- For the Hawks, Molly Quilty (Duxbury, Mass.) is a force at the net, topping the conference in blocks/set (1.10) and total blocks (101), good for 23rd and 33rd nationally.
- When the two teams squared off earlier this season, Roger Williams claimed the 3-2 win at home on 10/9/18.
The winner of tonight's CCC Semifinal match will advance to take on the winner of the No. 2 Wentworth vs. No. 3 Salve Regina match. The championship, on Saturday, will be held at the site of the highest remaining seed.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)