BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's volleyball team fell to Tufts University, 3-1, by scores of 23-25, 25-15, 18-25, and 13-25 on Friday night in front of a raucous crowd at MacDonald Gymnasium.
With the contest tied at one-all after two competitive sets, Tufts seized all momentum in the third behind a match-high 22 kills on 35 swings (.571 hitting percentage) to go up 2-1 on the scoreboard and claim the eventual win.
Individually, Endicott was led by Remi Quesnelle (Sunderland, Mass.) who had a team-high 11 kills to go along with one assist, two service aces, and six digs.
Amanda Gilbert (Hopkinton, Mass.) also added 10 kills, four service aces, five digs, and two block assists, while Zoey Gifford (Natick, Mass.) dished out a team-high 31 assists and registered nine digs.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott and Tufts came into tonight's match ranked No. 4 and No. 5, respectively, in the first New England Women's Volleyball Association (NEWVA) regional poll of the 2019 season.
- The Gulls led 23-21 in set one before falling 25-23.
- Endicott's second set win came after they went down 15-11. The Gulls went on a 14-0 run the rest of the way to claim the set 25-15.
- Tufts ended a two-game skid against Endicott with tonight's win.
- The Jumbos' .571 hitting percentage and 22 kills in set three set a new season-highs.
Endicott (5-3) takes on Wellesley (12 PM) and Geneseo (2:30 PM) on Saturday, September 14 in Cambridge, Mass. as part of the MIT Invitational. Tufts (5-0) will also compete in the MIT Invitational tomorrow against RIT (10 AM) and Wellesley (4:30 PM).
(Photo Credit - Nick Grace '20)