BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's volleyball team bested conference rival Roger Williams, 3-1, by scores of 25-18, 25-11, 23-25, and 25-12 on Saturday evening at MacDonald Gymnasium.
Zoey Gifford (Natick, Mass.) highlighted the Gulls with a match-high 44 assists to give her 3,032 for her career. Gifford is just the third student-athlete in program history to eclipse the 3,000 assist mark.
Meanwhile, Remi Quesnelle (Sunderland, Mass.) paced all student-athletes with a match-high 14 kills (.294) to go along with two assists, one service ace, and eight digs. The Gulls also received 13 kills from Colleen McAvoy (Coventry, Conn.) and 10 more via Nicole Winkler (Southborough, Mass.) to highlight the attack.
Defensively, Mackenzie Kennedy (Andover, Mass.) guided the back row with a match-high 21 digs.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott evened up the all-time series at 19-all with today's win.
- The Gulls dominated play as the hosts raced out to leads of 20-10 (set one), 20-9 (set two), and 20-10 (set four).
- Set three, Roger Williams' only triumph of the afternoon, was tied at 22-22 before the Hawks capitalized on an attack error and two kills to keep the match alive at the time.
- McAvoy was a force in sets two and three as the sophomore middle went 4-0-5 (K-E-TA) in set two and 5-1-11 in set three.
- Kennedy continued her steady play from the back row going 20-for-20 on serve-receive, while 10 of her 20 receptions led directly to kills.
- Quesnelle also impacted the passing game as the senior right-side went 15-for-15 on serve-receive and saw four of her eight digs equate to kills.
Endicott (11-4, 2-0 CCC) hosts No. 5 nationally ranked Johnson & Wales University on Thursday, October 3 at 6 PM. Roger Williams (4-8, 1-1 CCC) welcomes Gordon to its campus next Wednesday at 7 PM.
(Photo Credit - Nick Grace '20)