AUBURNDALE, Fla. – The Endicott baseball team defeated St. Norbert College, 6-0, on Monday morning at the Lake Myrtle Athletic Complex.
The Gulls exploded for five runs in the second inning to take an early 5-0 lead, highlighted by singles from Nickolas Perkins (Nashua, N.H.) and Matthew McKinley (Hudson, N.H.) and a sacrifice fly from Matt Bald (De Pere, Wisc.).
Endicott added one final run in the eighth inning to secure the 6-0 win. Christian Jordan (Holden, Mass.) got the inning started with a well-placed bunt down the third base line and then stole second during the next at-bat. He advanced to third and then made it home to score on a single to right field from Kyle Brennan (Wallingford, Conn.).
Zachary Sultar (South Windsor, Conn.) got the start and the win (1-0) on the mound with four strikeouts and three hits allowed during five innings.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Leading the Gulls offensively were Brendan McDonald (Quincy, Mass.) (2-for-3) and Brennan (2-for-4).
- Dan Cacciola (Saugus, Mass.), McDonald, Bald, and McKinley all had one RBI.
- John Duffy (Stratford, Conn.), Perkins, McDonald, and Jordan all had a stolen base during the contest.
- Cooper Anibal (Bedford, N.H.) finished out the game on the mound for the Gulls and recorded three strikeouts.
- Tommy Mahar (Glenview, Ill.) shifted to 0-1 overall on the season with the loss for St. Norbert.
Endicott (4-3) returns to the Lake Myrtle Athletic Complex for a 1:45 PM contest against Concordia (TX) on Tuesday, March 19. St. Norbert (2-3) faces Southern Maine at 9:45 AM on Tuesday, March 19.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)