AUBURNDALE, Fla. – The Endicott baseball team fell to nationally ranked Rowan University, 4-2, on Thursday afternoon at the Lake Myrtle Athletic Complex.
The Gulls took a 1-0 lead in the fourth inning. Kyle Brennan (Wallingford, Conn.) was hit by a pitch before advancing to second on a single through the left side by John Duffy (Stratford, Conn.). Nickolas Perkins (Nashua, N.H.) then singled to right center to send Brennan home.
In the sixth inning, Alex Kokos (Wayne, N.J.) doubled down the left field line and then scored on a single up the middle from Matt Woods (Berlin, N.J.) to tie the game at 1-1.
The Profs added three more runs in the top of the eighth to gain a 4-1 advantage.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Rowan is ranked No. 6 via D3baseball.com and No. 14 by the American Baseball Coaches Association (ABCA).
- Leading the Gulls offensively was Perkins who was 3-for-4 with an RBI.
- Andrew DiPiazzi (Bayville, N.J.) improved to 2-0 on the season with nine strikeouts, four hits, three walks, and one run allowed in eight innings of work.
- Andrew Cartier (Estell Manor, N.J.) earned his third save of the season.
- Victor Molle (Peabody, Mass.) shifted to 0-1 on the season with the loss.
Endicott (4-5) faces The College of New Jersey on Friday, March 22 at 1:45 PM at the Lake Myrtle Athletic Complex.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)