BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott baseball team used five different pitchers to shut out Eastern Nazarene, 4-0, on Thursday evening in non-conference action at North Field.
Gulls' starter Kyle Wollman (East Berlin, Conn.) picked up the win (1-0) on five innings pitched, three hits, no walks, and two strikeouts. Meanwhile, the bullpen featured scoreless innings from Will Bryant (Cumberland, Maine), Alexander Mandrus (Acton, Mass.), Victor Molle (Peabody, Mass.) and Cooper Anibal (Bedford, N.H.) in respective order.
As a staff, Endicott only allowed three hits (Wollman, 3 | Bryant, 2) and one walk alongside five strikeouts (Wollman, 2 | Mandrus, 1 | Molle, 2).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Perkins logged his first three-RBI game of the season and third multi-RBI contest this spring.
- Endicott is 7-4 when scoring first in a contest. The Gulls did so today on Brennan's RBI double to left center in the third inning.
- Perkins followed with his third career triple on at-bat later to drive in Brennan and make it 2-0.
- Perkins also plated his 10th run of the season with a single through the right side in the fifth and registered his 11th RBI of the season (second on the team) with a bases loaded walk in the sixth.
- Today's shutout was the fifth of the season for Endicott.
Endicott (8-6) hosts Curry College for a conference doubleheader on Saturday, March 30 with game one scheduled for 12 PM. Eastern Nazarene (9-6) travels to Lesley on Saturday for a doubleheader at 12/3 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)