DARTMOUTH, Mass. — The Endicott baseball team defeated UMass Dartmouth, 14-4, on Sunday afternoon in non-conference action at the UMD Baseball Field.
Schena highlighted the group with a 3-for-4 day at the plate to go along with one run scored, a double, and three RBI.
Meanwhile, Joseph Brown (Poultney, Vt.) claimed the win (1-1) on two scoreless innings out of the pen (1 H, 1 BB, 3 K).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Gulls are 7-3 all-time against UMass Dartmouth.
- Endicott won the first five meetings between the two programs to start the all-time series, which began in 2009.
- Endicott had 12 hits in today's contest. It marks the seventh time this season the Gulls have compiled 10 or more hits (season-high 16 versus No. 4/4 Trinity (Tex.) on 2/23).
- Gulls' starter Joseph Oriola (Pembroke, Mass.) was saddled with the no-decision via four innings, five hits, three runs (two earned), a pair of walks, and three strikeouts. Oriola is 1-1 on the bump this season for the Gulls despite today's no-decision.
- Endicott scored a season-high 14 runs.
Endicott (10-7) hosts No. 23/23 nationally ranked UMass Boston on Tuesday, April 2 at 3:30 PM. UMass Dartmouth (8-11) visits No. 6/7 Southern Maine next Tuesday at 3:30 PM.