BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott baseball team defeated St. Joseph's (Me.), 3-1, in non-conference action on Tuesday evening at North Field.
Joseph Oriola (Pembroke, Mass.) earned the win (3-1) on six shutout innings of work, three hits, no walks, and eight strikeouts. Meanwhile, Will Bryant (Cumberland, Maine) collected his third save of the season via two scoreless frames, one hit, zero walks, and four strikeouts.
St. Joseph's (Me.) starter Grayson Jennings (Mililani, Hawaii) was saddled with the loss (2-1) on six innings, seven hits, three runs (all earned), one free pass, and three punchouts.
Kyle Brennan (Wallingford, Conn.) put Endicott on the scoreboard first with a sacrifice fly to left field in the first inning.
The Gulls also tacked on two more runs in the sixth as Brendan McDonald (Quincy, Mass.) notched an RBI groundout to third base, while Ryan Prosser (Holden, Mass.) plated the second run with a single to center field to make it 3-0 and never looked back.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Gulls are now 9-15-2 in the all-time series against St. Joseph's (Me.).
- Endicott evened its record at home to 4-4 on the season.
- The Gulls are 4-1 in their last five games.
- Jordan Carvalho (Rehoboth, Mass.) went 3-for-4 with one run scored from the cleanup spot in the lineup. It marked the first three-hit game of his collegiate career.
- Endicott ended the Monks' seven-game winning streak today.
Endicott (14-9) hosts UMass Dartmouth on Thursday, April 11 at 3:30 PM. St. Joseph's (20-7) welcomes Southern Maine to its campus this Thursday at 4 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)