BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott baseball team took down UMass Dartmouth, 6-1, on Thursday afternoon at North Field.
UMass Dartmouth opened the first inning with a run to take the early 1-0 lead as Chris Wood (Berkley, Mass.) rounded home on a double from Mike Knell (Dennis, Mass.).
Endicott responded in the bottom of the second with two tallies after taking advantage of several walks, a hit by pitch and an error.
In the final two innings, the Gulls held the Corsairs scoreless to secure the 6-1 victory.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is now 8-3 all-time against UMass Dartmouth.
- Millar led the Endicott offense as he went 1-for-3 at the plate with two RBI.
- McDonald and Brennan were also credited with an RBI each during the contest.
- Kyle Wollman (East Berlin, Conn.) got the start on the mound for the Gulls (4 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 4 SO).
- Cooper Anibal (Bedford, N.H.) improved to 1-0 overall on the season with the win (5 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 SO).
- The loss for UMass Dartmouth went to Ryan Britton (Milford, N.H.), who shifted to 0-1 on the season.
- Louie Berdecia (Mahopac, N.Y.), Shane Reardon (Kinnelon, N.J.), and Chase Stafford (Somerset, Mass.) also saw time on the mound for the Corsairs.
Endicott (15-9) hosts Gordon at 3:30 PM on Friday, April 12. UMass Dartmouth (10-13) welcomes Castleton on Friday for a doubleheader starting at 12 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)