Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Gulls Tie with Merrimack in Doubleheader Weekend

Gulls Tie with Merrimack in Doubleheader Weekend

BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott men's ice hockey team hosted Merrimack last Saturday night for a non-conference matchup. Two goals by senior Brendan Moore (Springfield, Mass.) and freshman Benjamin MacEwen (Waltham, Mass.) helped notch a 4-4 tie for the Blue and Green. The following day the Gulls traveled to Merrimack where again the pair tied 2-2.

Endicott sits at 1-1-2 on the season and will take the ice next on Saturday, October 18th as they host UMass. Lowell for a 7:30 p.m. matchup at the Pingree School.

The first period was a battle as both sides' tallied goals. The Gulls fired first in the opening minutes as Moore finished the play started by sophomore Cameron Randles (Canyon Country, Calif.) and Tim Boyle (Hingham, Mass.) to make it a 1-0 score.

In the final minutes of the period the Warriors made it a tie game after Mark Robbins (Franklin, Mass.) notched a goal with the assists going to Michael Hanley (Waltham, Mass.) and Chris Mahanna (Westford, Mass.).

The second period was quiet as the Warriors tallied the lone goal to take a one goal advantage. In the final minutes of the period JT Lynch (Wilmington, Mass.) found the back of the net with help from Ryan Burg (Hopkinton, Mass.) and Tyler Aberle (San Diego, Calif.).

Both sides turned up their game in the third period as the Gulls tallied three goals with two from the Warriors. Endicott drew first six minutes into the period after Moore secured his second of the night off a dish from Randles and freshman James Burns (Andover, Mass.). Two minutes later the Blue and Green took the lead off an unassisted goal by MacEwen.

The lead would not last for long as Merrimack tied the game up again four minutes later after Jeff DeLoria (South Hadley, Mass.) snuck the puck past sophomore goaltender Nick Russo (Waltham, Mass.) with help from Burg and Chris Price (Lynn, Mass.).

Two minutes later Endicott would tally their fourth and final goal of the game to take a 4-3 lead. MacEwen notched his second goal of the game after controlling a feed from senior Alex Dodds (Grantham, N.H.) and blasting the puck into the back of the net.

With the game on the line, and six minutes remaining in the game Merrimack again tied the game up for the third time off a crisp goal from Price who finished the play started by Burg and Lynch.

Both sides worked the break the tie but could not capitalize in their respective zones securing the 4-4 stalemate.

The following day the Blue and Green faced off with the Warriors again and tied the game 2-2 with huge efforts from Moore who tallied his third goal of the weekend in the tie.