GENEVA, N.Y. – The Hobart football team outscored Endicott 24-14 in the second half to pull away for an eventual 34-17 non-conference victory over the Gulls on Saturday afternoon at Boswell Field.
All-American quarterback Shane Sweeney (Phelps, N.Y.) was the difference for the Statesmen in the win as the senior finished the contest with 321 yards passing and four touchdowns on 22 completions (68.8 completion percentage).
Defensively, the Gulls stymied Hobart in the first half holding their opposition to just 10 points on 33 plays (156 yards). However, the Statesmen responded with three touchdowns and a field goal on their first four drives in the second stanza to come away with their third straight victory of the season.
- Joe Kalosky (Plymouth, Conn.) went 22-for-39 passing to go along with 269 yards, one touchdown, and two interceptions.
- His lone touchdown pass was a 43-yard connection to Will Genaway (Hinsdale, Mass.) with 5:19 to play in the game (27-17 Hobart).
- Meanwhile, the TD catch for Genaway was the first of his collegiate career. He also led the team in catches (five, tied) and receiving yards (74).
- Hakim Fleming (Bridgeport, Conn.) accounted for the Gulls only other TD with a one-yard plunge at 13:56 of the second half (20-10 Hobart).
- John Glaser (East Moriches, N.Y.) also knocked in a 25-yard field goal with 16-secodns to go in the first half to round out the scoring for Endicott.
- Riley Shanley (Simsbury, Conn.) tied Genaway for the team-high in catches for 71 yards total.
- William Rivera (Orangebury, N.Y.) paced the Gulls in tackles with 11 (eight solo, three assisted, 1.0 TFL).
- Allen Gibson (Seymour, Conn.) was second on the team with seven (five solo, two assisted), while Stone Murray (Latham, N.Y.) had five (three solo, two assisted).
- Ray Conley (Lyndhurst, N.J.) found pay dirt twice on six catches for 82 yards. Conley opened the game with a nine-yard TD catch and closed out the scoring in the contest with a 41-yard TD with 2:22 remaining.
- Brandon Shed (West Palm Beach, Fla.) made both of his receptions count as each one went for scores. His first came on a 10-yard TD snag in the third (12:11, Hobart 17-3), while his second was a 14-yard TD in the fourth (8:27, 27-10 Hobart).
- Kyle Hackett (Charlton, Mass.) went 2-for-2 on his field goal attempts splitting the uprights once in the second quarter (27-yarder, 12:25, Hobart 10-0) and one more time in the third (40-yarder, 5:23, Hobart 20-3).
- Defensively, Hobart held Endicott to average field position on its own 21-yard line, compiled two interceptions, two sacks, eight pass breakups, and four quarterback hurries.
- Jedh Downey (Norwood, N.J.) collected a game-high 12 tackles (six solo, six assisted).
- Almamy Conde (Bronx, N.Y.) posted seven tackles, (two solo, five assisted, 0.5 sacks, 0.5 TFL), to go along with one interception, a pass breakup, and one quarterback hurry.
- Sam Wheeler (Upper Arlington, Ohio) had the Statesmen's other interception, in addition to four solo tackles, and one pass breakup.
Endicott (1-3) hosts Husson on Saturday, September 30 at 12 PM. Hobart (3-1) visits Ithaca next Saturday at 1 PM.
(Photo Credit - Allison Moore)