NEWPORT, R.I. — The Endicott football team dropped a 41-14 conference decision to Salve Regina University (SRU) on Saturday afternoon at Toppa Field.
Salve Regina jumped out to a 21-0 lead with 10:20 remaining in the first half, and held on the rest of the way despite a valiant comeback attempt by the Gulls to improve to 5-1 overall and 2-0 in conference play this season. Endicott falls to 1-6 on the year and 0-2 in league action with the loss.
Danny McDermott (Franklin, Mass.) highlighted the victory for the Seahawks with three passing touchdowns and 321 yards on 14 completions (26 attempts, zero interceptions). Jake Gelb (Charlton, Mass.) also produced 156 yards and two touchdowns on the ground on just 13 carries.
- Joe Kalosky (Plymouth, Conn.) completed 27 passes for 262 yards and one touchdown. Kalosky's lone TD pass of the day went to Riley Shanley (Simsbury, Conn.) for a seven-yard score at the 4:06 mark of the second quarter (21-7 SRU lead).
- Hakim Fleming (Bridgeport, Conn.) was responsible for the Gulls only other touchdown via a two-yard plunge with 9:15 to play in the fourth quarter (28-14 SRU lead). Fleming finished the day with 30 yards and his score on nine carries.
- Stanley caught five passes for 66 yards (13.2 average, 23 long) alongside his touchdown catch in the second quarter.
- Zach DeNike (Old Tappan, N.J.) hauled in a game-high eight catches for 30 yards.
- Brett Sherman (Northborough, Mass.) paced the Gulls in receiving yards with 70 total on four grabs (17.5 average).
- Devin Bower (Poughkeepsie, N.Y.) compiled a career-high seven tackles (five solo, two assisted).
- Noah Fearnley (Orange, Conn.) and William Rivera (Orangeburg, N.Y.) ranked second on the squad with five tackles each.
- The Gulls registered six tackles for a loss, highlighted by Sam Opont (Bridgeport, Conn.) who logged two total.
FOR SALVE REGINA
- The Seahawks put together 541 yards of total offense (349 passing, 192 rushing) and went 9-for-13 (69%) on third down.
- Brendan Nunes (Attleboro, Mass.), Connor Sullivan (Lowell, Mass.), and Tommy Seaver (Rocky Hill, Conn.) all had reception touchdowns. Tunes had three catches for 97 yards (32.3 average), while Sullivan brought in four catches for 96 yards, and Seaver notched three catches for 75 yards.
- Tyler D'Errico (Cheshire, Conn.) had a game-high nine tackles (three solo, six assisted).
- Tristen Perez (Framingham, Mass.) was second on the team with seven stops (six solo, one assisted).
Endicott (1-6, 0-2 CCC Football) will host Curry College in a league matchup on Saturday, October 28 at 12 PM as part of Homecoming Weekend. Salve Regina (5-1, 2-0 CCC Football) travels to Western New England University next Saturday at 1 PM.