FRAMINGHAM, Mass. – The Endicott football team fell to Framingham State University, 34-13, on Saturday afternoon in non-conference action at Bowditch Field.
Endicott took a 3-0 lead on the game's opening drive via a 35-yard field goal from Nick DiCairano (Trumbull, Conn.) at the 10:14 mark but the Rams responded with three scores before the end of the half and never relinquished the lead from there.
Framingham State quarterback Adam Wojenski (Stratford, Conn.) went 17-for-27 with two touchdown passes, while Quron Wright (Worcester, Mass.) took back a 98-yard TD return to start the third quarter to highlight the Rams' offense. Rufus Rushins (Lynn, Mass.) also chipped in with a pair of short yardage touchdowns (1-yard TD, 6:33 of the 1st, 7-3 lead | 2-yard TD, 9:16 of the 3rd, 34-6 lead).
- Dylan Bonfilio (Burlington, Mass.) threw for 125 yards on 13 completions (27 attempts) alongside a five-yard TD run at 7:06 of the third to close out the scoring in the contest.
- John Kenney (Wilmington, Mass.) rushed for 57 yards on 16 carries (3.6 average) in his collegiate debut.
- DiCairano also converted a 24-yard field goal at the 8:45 mark of the second quarter to cut into the deficit at 14-6, at the time.
- Zach DeNike (Old Tappan, N.J.) caught a game-high eight passes for 64 yards.
- William Rivera (Orangeburg, N.Y.) registered a team-high eight tackles (seven solo, one assisted), including one for a sack.
- Steven Abbott (Melrose, Mass.), Christian Pizzotti (Melrose, Mass.), Jesse Simoni (East Greenbush, N.Y.), and Allen Gibson (Seymour, Conn.) all had seven tackles, respectively.
- Simoni also notched two pass breakups, while Abbott had one.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- With the win, Framingham State evened up the all-time series at 7-7.
- The Rams have won the last six meetings in a row.
Endicott (0-1) hosts Bridgewater State University on Friday, September 7 at 7 PM. Framingham State (1-0) travels to Cortland St. next Saturday at 12 PM.