BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott football team (0-1) will host its first-ever Friday night game later this week when the Gulls welcome Bridgewater State University (1-0) to Hempstead Stadium at 7 PM. Here's a preview of this week's contest.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Endicott and Bridgewater State enter this Friday's game tied at 1-1 in the all-time series. The Bears won the first-ever contest between the two programs, 20-14, on September 15, 2012, while the Gulls won a comeback thriller on September 9, 2017 by a 29-28 score. Endicott's comeback was featured on many news outlets, most notably, ESPN's Sportscenter.
- Last week, Bridgewater State's entire offensive line consisting of Niccolas Falconeiri, Austin White, Michael Casey, Nicholas Spinale, and Zachary Tillson were all named to the D3football.com Team of the Week. The Bears' offensive line aided Nick Santavicca to a career-high 200 rushing yards and two touchdowns in his first collegiate start and only gave up one sack as quarterback Stefan D'Emilia went 17-for-26 passing for 211 yards and a pair of touchdowns in a 30-29 win over Buffalo State.
- Zach DeNike (Old Tappan, N.J.) tied his career-high for receptions with eight in last week's game against Framingham State. DeNike has caught eight passes in one game twice in his career (October 21, 2017 vs. Salve Regina) and also has five or more passes in a game six different times in his career.
- Bridgewater State's 2-8 record last season is a bit deceiving as the Bears lost two games by one point, another by two points, and a third by three points.
- William Rivera (Orangeburg, N.Y.) enters Friday's game ranked third all-time in Endicott program history in total tackles.
Endicott (0-1) hosts MIT next Saturday, September 15 at 12 PM. Bridgewater State (1-0) visits Framingham State next Saturday at 12 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)