LEICESTER, Mass. – The Endicott football team pushed its winning streak to five straight games on Saturday afternoon with a 45-13 conference victory over Becker College at Alumni Field.
Big plays were the difference in the matchup as Endicott scored five touchdowns off of plays that went for 20 or more yards. In total, the Gulls compiled nine plays of 20 or more yards in the contest (one called back, holding penalty).
Christian Cole (Goshen, N.Y.) highlighted the Gulls' big-play capabilities with a 71-yard touchdown reception to open the scoring in the first (12:24) and a 29-yard TD catch at 13:00 of the third (31-3 Endicott lead).
Joe Kalosky (Plymouth, Conn.) also punched home a 41-yard rushing TD in the second (8:26, 24-3 lead) and connected with Justin McEwen (Meriden, Conn.) and Shea McManaway (Lisbon, Conn.) on TD passes of 27 yards (11:05, 2nd, 17-3) and 21 yards (8:42, 3rd, 38-3), respectively.
Nick DiCairano (Trumbull, Conn.) and Hakim Fleming (Bridgeport, Conn.) rounded out the scoring with a 29-yard field goal at 10:11 of the first (10-0 lead) and a one-yard rushing TD at 9:19 of the fourth to conclude the scoring in the game.
- The Gulls outgained Becker, 456-217, and averaged nearly seven yards per play (6.7).
- Kalosky finished the contest 12-for-30 passing for 268 yards, four touchdowns, and an interception.
- Fleming rushed for a team-high 81 yards on 17 attempts (4.8 average).
- Cole was efficient on the day catching just two passes, both of which were touchdowns, for an even 100 yards.
- McEwen and McManaway compiled 41 and 21 yards receiving, respectively.
- William Rivera (Orangeburg, N.Y.) paced the team in tackles with 11 (six solo, five assisted, 1.5 tackles for a loss).
- Jesse Simoni (East Greenbush, N.Y.) had four tackles (three solo), an interception (eighth career, tied fourth all-time) and one pass breakup.
- Endicott has gained 400 yards or more in five straight games (all wins).
- The Gulls are now 3-1 on the road.
- David Collins (Staten Island, N.Y.) rushed for a game-high 110 yard and a touchdown (5-yard run, 57-seconds left in 3rd, 38-10 deficit).
- Mac Kimball (Bow, N.H.) connected on a pair of field goals (30-yarder, 13:00, 2nd, 10-3 deficit | 22-yarder, 10:40, 4th, 38-13 deficit).
- Alpha Barry (Staten Island, N.Y.) threw for 103 yards (9-for-22, one interception).
- Michael Bianco (Manorville, N.Y.) and Jared Zieman (Bethel, Conn.) tied for the game-high in tackles with 12 apiece. Zieman also had one sack and a quarterback hurry in the loss.
Endicott (6-2, 4-0 CCC Football) returns to action on Saturday, November 3 when Western New England visits Beverly, Mass. at 12 PM. Becker (0-7, 0-3 CCC Football) travels to Curry on Saturday, October 27 at 1 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)