BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott field hockey team defeated Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) on Saturday afternoon by a 7-2 score at North Field.
Goals were aplenty in the first half as both teams combined for seven total (Endicott 5, RPI 2) in the opening 35 minutes of play.
In the offensive flurry that was the first half, Endicott saw Maggie O'Reilly (Cheshire, Conn.), Jaylin Grabau (Lynnfield, Mass.) and Kristen McCarthy (Danvers, Mass.) all find the back of the cage once, while Julie Champigny (Acton, Mass.) buried two goals.
McCarthy and Grabau then rounded out the scoring for Endicott in the second half with tallies at 42:50 and 68:20, respectively.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 2-1 in the all-time series.
- The Gulls have won the last two meetings (W, 2-1, 9/9/17 | W, 6-2, 9/8/18).
- RPI has given up six or more goals in two games this season (Hamilton, 6-0, 9/5/18).
- Endicott's seven goals today established a new season-high. The previous high-water mark was six against Wheaton (W, 6-0) on August 31, 2018.
- Champigny, Grabau and McCarthy are tied for team lead in goals with three.
- The Gulls posted season-highs in shots (41) and shots on goal (29).
- Taylor Farrin (Danvers, Mass.) made five saves to improve to 2-1 on the season (18-5-0).
- Marissa Florio (Hilton, N.Y.) stopped a career-high 22 shots in the loss.
Endicott (2-1) travels to No. 11 nationally ranked MIT on Tuesday, September 11 at 6 PM. RPI (0-4) hosts New Paltz on Wednesday, September 12 at 5 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)