BRISTOL, R.I. - The Endicott field hockey team traveled to Roger Williams for a Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) matchup on Saturday afternoon and came away with a 6-0 shutout victory.
The Gulls got on the board first at the 4:31 mark on a tally from Lauren Whitney (Poway, Calif.).
In the second half, the Gulls kept up the offensive pressure which gave them two more goals to secure a 6-0 win. Scoring in the final frame were Sydney Poulin (Watertown, Mass.) and Kristen McCarthy (Danvers, Mass.).
The Endicott defense stood strong throughout the contest as they held the Hawks to just three shots total, one of which was on goal.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott held a 31-3 shot advantage during the game.
- The Gulls now lead the all-time series with the Hawks, 10-1.
- McCarthy led the Gulls in shots (10) and shots on goal (7).
- Offensively, Endicott was led by Whitney, McCarthy, and Grabau, who all tallied a goal and an assist.
- Taylor Farrin (Danvers, Mass.) made one save in net and recorded her eighth career shutout.
- The Gulls have now held their last three opponents scoreless.
- Callie Flanagan (Wenham, Mass.) shifted to 1-3 on the season and recorded a career-high 14 saves in net for the Hawks.
Endicott (5-1, 2-0 CCC) travels to Western New England for a CCC contest on Tuesday, September 18 at 7 PM. Roger Williams (3-3, 0-1 CCC) hosts the University of New England on Tuesday, September 18 at 4 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)