BEVERLY, Mass. - The Endicott field hockey team hosted Salve Regina on Saturday afternoon on North Field and notched a decisive 8-4 victory over the Seahawks.
The Gulls were highlighted offensively by freshman Addi Williams (Pittsfield, Maine), who recorded a career-high five goals during the contest. Williams' five goals are the most in a single-game in program history and so are her 10 points that she registered today.
Endicott saw four goals in the first half from Williams (2), Kristen McCarthy (Danvers, Mass.), and Lauren Whitney (Poway, Calif.), while Salve Regina had two tallies from Ashley Cody (Pawling, N.Y.).
The Gulls picked right back up offensively in the second half where they left off in the first as they tallied three unanswered goals in the first eight minutes of the frame. McCarthy scored at the 35:50 mark and Williams added her third and fourth goals of the game at 38:58 and 42:04, respectively.
Salve Regina responded minutes later when both Vanessa Frost (North Attleboro, Mass.) and Cody found the back of the net to cut the deficit to 7-4.
In the last minute of play, Williams cleaned up a rebound for her fifth tally of the game to secure the 8-4 victory.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Taylor Farrin (Danvers, Mass.) got the start in net and made five saves to improve to 7-2 on the season.
- Allison Wales (Southport, Conn.) came in for the last 15 minutes of the contest for the Gulls and also recorded five stops.
- Ally Daly (Peabody, Mass.) made nine saves during the loss for the Seahawks.
- Endicott held a 32-23 shot advantage throughout the game.
- Abby Carter (Richmond, Vt.) was credited with two defensive saves, while Cameron Molinare (Simsbury, Conn.) had one.
Endicott (7-2, 4-0 CCC) travels to Nichols on Tuesday, September 25 for a 7 PM conference matchup. Salve Regina (3-5, 1-3 CCC) hosts Roger Williams on Wednesday, September 26 at 6 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)