NEW LONDON, Conn. - The Endicott field hockey team traveled to Connecticut College on Monday evening and they were handed a close 5-3 loss.
The Camels got on the board first at 21:29 of the first half when Kaja Hartwell (Hyde Park, Mass.) found the back of the net.
Connecticut College saw three more goals, two from Meghan Gazard (Ashland, Mass.) and one from Caroline Ferro (Wilton, Conn.), to take a 4-0 lead at the half.
Endicott came out in the second half, looking to cut the deficit and did just that with goals from Kristen McCarthy (Danvers, Mass.) and Jaylin Grabau (Lynnfield, Mass.) at 41:01 and 46:47, respectively.
With time winding down, the Camels increased their lead to 5-2 on a tally from Jamie Navoni (Northborough, Mass.).
The Gulls continued to push offensively, which allowed Addi Williams (Pittsfield, Maine) to record her 10th goal of the season. Ultimately, the second half comeback fell just short for Endicott and the game ended with a 5-3 score.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Taylor Farrin (Danvers, Mass.) recorded a season-high 15 saves during the loss.
- Sydney Poulin (Watertown, Mass.) and Grabau each recorded an assist during the game.
- Jackie Mountford (Sherborn, Mass.) earned the win in net with five saves. Andi McGraw (Sheffield, Mass.) came in for the second half and made one save.
- Connecticut College held a 27-12 shot advantage throughout the contest.
- Emily Graham (Westford, Mass.) was credited with a defensive save.
Endicott (10-3, 7-0 CCC) hosts Roger Williams on Wednesday, October 10 for a 7 PM matchup. Connecticut College (3-9, 0-7 NESCAC) hosts Tufts on Saturday, October 13 at 12 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)