NEWPORT, R.I. – The Endicott field hockey team traveled to Salve Regina for a Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) contest on Tuesday evening and came away with a 10-3 victory.
The Gulls got on the board quickly on a tally from Abby Carter (Richmond, Vt.) just 27 seconds into the game.
Salve Regina's Taylor Bulis (Lakeville, Mass.) responded less than four minutes later to tie the game up, 1-1
Kristen McCarthy (Danvers, Mass.) then netted four consecutive goals (12:11, 16:52, 21:22, 33:47) as Endicott secured the lead and never looked back.
As time expired in the first half, Sydney Poulin (Watertown, Mass.) scored on a corner opportunity to give the Gulls a 6-1 edge.
Endicott continued the offensive pressure in the second half as they saw goals from Poulin, Addi Williams (Pittsfield, Maine), and McCarthy within the first seven minutes of the period.
The Seahawks wouldn't go down without a fight and cut the deficit to 9-3 with tallies from Ashley Cody (Pawling, N.Y.) and Tori Bickel (Harleysville, Pa.).
At the 66:17 mark, Carter added her second goal of the contest to secure the 10-3 win.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- McCarthy is now the program leader for points scored in a single game (12) with tonight's performance. McCarthy broke Williams' record of 10 points, which was set this season on 9/22/18, also against Salve Regina.
- McCarthy also became program record holder for points in a single season with today's 12-point performance surpassing Sophia Cogliano's record of 54 points set in 2017. McCarthy now has 62 career points (24g, 14a).
- Taylor Farrin (Danvers, Mass.) recorded 10 saves to earn the win.
- The Gulls held a 23-17 shot advantage throughout the game.
- Endicott now leads the all-time series, 25-4, against Salve Regina.
Endicott (13-3, 10-0 CCC) travels to Bates on Thursday, October 18 at 7 PM. Salve Regina (7-8, 4-6 CCC) visits Johnson & Wales (R.I.) Thursday at 7 PM.