BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott field hockey team welcomed Nichols College to North Field on Wednesday evening and came away with a convincing 9-4 victory.
In the first half, the Gulls were led by Addi Williams (Pittsfield, Maine) who notched three goals. Also scoring for Endicott in the first stanza were Lauren Whitney (Poway, Calif.) and Kristen McCarthy (Danvers, Mass.).
The Bison were able to find the back of the net twice with tallies from Mackenzie Snow (Sanbornton, N.H.) and Lizz McKinnon (Quincy, Mass.) to cut the deficit to 5-2 at the half.
The second half was much like the first, with the Gulls commanding the offensive end of the field. Sydney Poulin (Watertown, Mass.), Jaylin Grabau (Lynnfield, Mass.), and McCarthy all scored before Williams netted her fourth goal of the game to put Endicott up 9-2.
However, Nichols wouldn't go down without a fight, as McKinnon tallied her 18th and 19th goals of the season in the last 10 minutes of regulation to make it a 9-4 contest.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Taylor Farrin (Danvers, Mass.) got the start in net and made one save. Allison Wales (Southport, Conn.) came in for the last 21:26 of the contest and recorded two saves.
- Samantha Brown (Byfield, Mass.) was credited with a defensive save for the Gulls, while Leundra Marsh (Palmer, Mass.) recorded one for the Bison.
- Brooke Misbach (Guilford, Conn.) made a season-high 19 saves during the loss.
- Earning assists throughout the game were McCarthy, Whitney, Maggie O'Reilly (Cheshire, Conn.), and Abby Carter (Richmond, Vt.).
- The was McCarthy's seventh multi-goal game of the season and Williams' fourth.
- Endicott held a 42-10 shot advantage throughout the contest.
Endicott (14-3, 11-0 CCC) hosts UNE on Saturday, October 27 at 1 PM. Nichols (8-9, 3-8 CCC) welcomes Western New England for a 7 PM matchup on Friday, October 26.