BEVERLY, Mass. – The first-seeded Endicott field hockey team hosted fourth-seeded Salve Regina for the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Semifinal round on Thursday evening at North Field. The Gulls came out victorious, 9-0, to advance to Saturday's CCC Championship game.
Endicott opened the scoring with a tally from Addi Williams (Pittsfield, Maine) just over three minutes into the contest and never looked back. The Gulls went on to score eight unanswered goals, with Williams finding the back of the net three more times throughout the rest of the contest.
Kristen McCarthy (Danvers, Mass.) scored her 28th and 29th goals of the season, while Blake Braman (Clinton, Conn.), Jaylin Grabau (Lynnfield, Mass.), and Cameron Molinare (Simsbury, Conn.) rounded out the flurry of goals for the Gulls.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Taylor Farrin (Danvers, Mass.) made fives saves and improved to 15-4 with her eighth shutout of the season.
- McCarthy, Sydney Poulin (Watertown, Mass.), and Lauren Whitney (Poway, Calif.) were all credited with assists throughout the game.
- This was Williams' fifth multi-goal contest of the year.
- Ally Daly (Peabody, Mass.) made 21 stops in net for the Seahawks.
- Maggie O'Reilly (Cheshire, Conn.) came up with a big defensive save to keep Salve Regina off the board in the second half.
Endicott (16-4, 12-0 CCC) will face No. 2 University of New England (12-9, 10-2 CCC) for the CCC Championship game on Saturday, November 3 at 1 PM on North Field.
(Photo credit- David Le '10)