MECHANICSBURG, Pa. – The Endicott field hockey team traveled to No. 1 nationally-ranked Messiah College for the second round of the NCAA Tournament and the Gulls were handed a 4-0 loss.
The Falcons took the 1-0 lead at the 22:30 mark with a goal from Kristen Levesque (Windham, Maine). Just over four minutes later Josie Weaver (Lancaster, Pa.) extended that lead to 2-0.
Messiah continued the offensive pressure in the second half which resulted in two more goals from Jennie Young (Lititz, Pa.) and Kezia Loht (McClure, Pa.) to put the Falcons up 4-0.
The Gulls wouldn't go down without a fight though, as they recorded several penalty corners and shot opportunities in the last 15 minutes of play.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Gulls made program history by advancing to the second round of the NCAA Tournament for the first time.
- Taylor Farrin (Danvers, Mass.) recorded five saves throughout the contest.
- Shelby Landes (Telford, Pa.) made three saves to earn the win in net for the Falcons.
- Messiah held a 25-6 shot advantage during the game.
- Cameron Molinare (Simsbury, Conn.) was credited with two defensive saves.
Endicott (18-5) ends the 2018 season with the loss. Messiah (20-0) advances to the third round of the NCAA Tournament on Sunday, November 11 and will face either FDU-Florham or Johns Hopkins.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)