BEVERLY, Mass. — The Endicott field hockey team won their first Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) game of the season Thursday night, defeating Salve Regina, 6-0.
Endicott opened the scoring at 10:38 through Blake Braman (Clinton, Conn.) and never looked back.
Julie Champigny (Acton, Mass.) scored her second goal of the season, while Addi Williams (Pittsfield, Maine) added her third and fourth tallies, Kristen McCarthy (Danvers, Mass) notched her fifth, and Lauren Whitney (Poway, Calif.) secured her first to round out the scoring.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Taylor Farrin (Danvers, Mass.) made five saves in her second shutout of the season.
- Braman, Abby Carter (Richmond, VT.), Williams, and McCarthy were all credited with assists throughout the game.
- This was Braman's first career game where she had a goal and an assist
- This was Williams' first multi-goal game of the year and the seventh of her career
- The Gulls totaled 21 penalty corners in tonight's contest.
Endicott (4-3, 1-0 CCC) hosts No. 17 nationally ranked Trinity on Sunday, September 22, at 1 PM. Salve Regina (4-2, 0-1 CCC) hosts Western New England on Saturday, September 21, at 12 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)