NEWPORT, R.I. — The Endicott men's basketball team showcased its second-half offensive attack in an 82-66 road win at Salve Regina Wednesday evening inside the Rodgers Rec. Center in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action.
The Gulls and Seahawks battled to a 36-36 deadlock at the break, as Endicott headed to the locker room tied at halftime for the second time in conference play this season.
Senior forward Chris Lipscomb (West Springfield, Mass.) and freshman guard Keith Brown (Pelham, Mass.) each scored a career-best 16 points as the Gulls' offense found its groove in the second half to win by 16 points--the Gulls' largest lead of the game in a contest that featured nine ties and 16 lead changes.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Gulls are now 19-14 against the Seahawks in the all-time series, and have won four of the past five meetings.
- Senior guard Max Motroni (West Warwick, R.I.) tallied a team-high 21 points, grabbed six rebounds, and dished out a tied-for-game-high four assists.
- Motroni has five games scoring at least 20+ points this season.
- Senior forward Daquan Sampson (Germantown, Md.) pulled down a tied-for-game-high eight rebounds to go with nine points and a game-high two blocks to be the Gulls' leading rebounder for the eighth time this season.
- Endicott registered a season-high 13 steals as Lipscomb recorded a career-high/game-high five of them and also grabbed seven rebounds.
FOR THE FOES
- The Seahawks have lost three straight games.
- Junior guard Rodney Morton (Malden, Mass.) went off for a floor-leading 27 points, while sophomore guard Isaiah Bowman (Roxbury, Mass.) chipped in 13 points off the bench.
- Junior guard Richard Pollock (Warwick, R.I.) grabbed a team-leading eight rebounds.
- Freshman guard Andrew Bronstein (Needham, Mass.) dished out a tied-for-game-high four assists.
- Salve Regina led by as much as four with 15:55 remaining in the first half.
The Gulls (11-3, 6-1 CCC) hosts Nichols on Saturday, January 14th at 3:00 p.m.
Salve Regina (4-9, 2-5 CCC) travels to Boston, Mass. to take on Wentworth on Saturday, January 14th at 3:00 p.m.