BEVERLY, Mass. — The Endicott men's basketball team made quick work of Salve Regina University, 79-44, Tuesday night on a Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Valentine's Day date inside MacDonald Gymnasium.
Endicott held its opponent to 20 points in the first half to equal the fewest amount of points the Gulls have allowed in a single half all year. Endicott took a 35-20 lead into the locker room at the break and never looked back.
Sophomore forward Nick Thibeault (Gorham, Maine) scored a career-high 11 points off the bench to lead the Gulls in scoring while grabbing a career-best seven rebounds in the effort.
In a strong defensive showing, the Gulls forced 20 turnovers by the Seahawks and subsequently scored 29 points off those mishaps to hold an opponent to a season-low 44 points on the night.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 20-14 overall and 13-3 at home against the Seahawks in the all-time series.
- The Gulls have won five of the past six meetings, including a 82-66 win earlier this season on Jan. 11, 2017 in the most recent meeting before today to complete the regular-season series sweep.
- Endicott is 9-1 at home this season and 8-0 on the home hardwood in conference play.
FOR THE FOES
- Senior forward Nicholas Bates (Danvers, Mass.) grabbed a game-high 19 rebounds, dished out a floor-leading four assists, and chipped in 10 points for his 15th double-double of the season.
- The Seahawks had just four student-athletes contribute to the scoring column as junior guard Rodney Morton (Malden, Mass.) poured in a game-best 27 points.
- Salve Regina lost its third game in a row.
Endicott (19-5, 13-4 CCC) concludes the regular season on Saturday, February 18 at 1:00 p.m. as the Gulls welcome Western New England University to town with the annual Senior Day recognition ceremony taking place before the game.
Salve Regina University (8-15, 6-11 CCC) wraps up the regular season on Saturday, February 18 at 1:00 p.m. as the Seahawks host Gordon on Senior Day.