MILTON, Mass. – The Endicott men's basketball team defeated Curry College, 72-62, on Saturday afternoon.
The Gulls took a 27-20 lead over the Colonels by halftime, but Curry came into the second half looking to bounce back.
The Colonels tied the game, 45-45 with 9:36 left in the second half, but that would be as close as they would come to taking the lead as Endicott went on to a 72-62 victory.
Keith Brown (Pelham, N.H.) led the Gulls with 21 points, nine rebounds, and six steals. Nick Thibeault (Gorham, Maine) added 15 points, while Joel Villa (Bronx, N.Y.), Rob O'Brien (Rindge, N.H.), and Matt McDevitt (Cumberland, Maine) had nine points each.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Thibeault and O'Brien each had one block during the game.
- Endicott leads the all-time series with Curry, 23-13.
FOR THE FOES
- Jared Thorpe-Johnson (Dorchester, Mass.) paced the Colonels with 15 points, while Lherief Kenku (Brockton, Mass.) and John Coleman (Warwick, R.I.) were close behind with 13 and 12 points, respectively.
- Coleman pulled down a team-high 14 rebounds throughout the contest.
- Curry held a slight 42-41 rebound advantage.
Endicott (13-6, 8-4 CCC) travels to Western New England on Tuesday, January 30 at 7:30 PM. Curry (1-18, 0-12 CCC) visits Nichols on Tuesday, January 30 at 7:30 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)