BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott men's basketball team started off Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) play on Wednesday night with a 105-58 win against Curry College at MacDonald Gymnasium.
Nick Thibeault (Gorham, Maine) led all Endicott scorers with 16 points via a perfect shooting performance from the floor (7-7 FG, 2-2 3PT). Thibeault also added a team-high six rebounds and one assist to his stat line in the win.
Tied 12-12 at the 10:54 mark of the first half, the Gulls went on a 21-4 run to separate themselves from the Colonels. Joe Shehadi (Dorset, Vt.) paced Endicott with nine points, which included back-to-back threes at 6:23 (28-16 lead) and 5:24 (31-16 lead).
Along with Shehadi's hot-hand, the Gulls' defense was key during the spurt as Endicott turned seven steals into baskets thanks in large part to pressing and trapping Curry.
Endicott ultimately held the Colonels to just 18 points in the first frame as the Gulls headed into the break up 46-18 and led by as many as 47 points in the second stanza on two different occasions.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott had 15 different student-athletes registered points during the game.
- Shehadi compiled 14 points, while Keith Brown (Pelham, N.H.) had 12, Vinny Clifford (Danvers, Mass.) amassed 11, and Joe Del Ricci (Greenville, R.I.) notched 10 to highlight Endicott's double-digit scorers.
- The Gulls are 24-13 in all-time series versus Curry.
- Endicott has won the last 11 meetings against the Colonels.
- The Gulls scored 34 points off of turnovers in the first half alone and held a 43-13 differential in that stat column overall.
- The Blue and Green's bench outscored Curry 53-17 over the course of the game.
Endicott (5-1, 1-0 CCC) will travel to Nichols College for a rematch of the 2017 CCC Championship Saturday, December 1 for a 6 PM tipoff. Curry (0-6, 0-1 CCC) visits Gordon College on Saturday, December 1 for a 3 PM start time.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)