BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott men's basketball team never trailed in its 84-69 non-conference victory over Bridgewater State University on Saturday afternoon at MacDonald Gymnasium.
Nick Thibeault (Gorham, Maine) and Matt McDevitt (Cumberland, Maine) paced the Gulls as both student-athletes recorded double-doubles in the win. Thibeault finished with a team-high 16 points (6-9 FG, 4-8 FT) and 10 rebounds, while McDevitt posted 13 points (5-11 FG, 3-7 3PT) and hauled in 10 rebounds.
Endicott also received double-digit efforts from Keith Brown (Pelham, N.H.), Joe Shehadi (Dorset, Vt.), and Kyle Henderson (Southborough, Mass.) to improve to 6-2 on the season. Shehadi highlighted the group with a near double-double via 14 points and nine rebounds, in addition to a game-high six assists. Meanwhile, Brown collected 14 points and eight boards, and Henderson poured in 10 points.
On the other end, Bridgewater State featured three student-athletes in double-figures, which included a game-high 19 points from Ryan Carney (Easton, Mass.). Rayshon Ward (Fayetteville, N.C.) added 15 points and five rebounds in the loss, while Nick Crocker (East Falmouth, Mass.) contributed 13 points, four rebounds, and a game-high three blocks.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott improved to 3-2 in the all-time series with today's win.
- The Gulls are 3-0 at home this season.
- Endicott capitalized on second-chance points by posting a 16-4 differential in the category.
- Both teams combined for 31 fast break points (Endicott 17, Bridgewater State 14).
- The Gulls led by as many as 16 points with 14:49 remaining in the second half (60-44).
- Thibeault registered his second career double-double today, while McDevitt recorded his first career double-double.
- It also marks McDevitt's first career game with double-digit rebounds.
Endicott (6-2) hosts Salem State University on Tuesday, December 11 at 7 PM. Bridgewater State (1-8) welcomes No. 9 MIT to its campus on Thursday, December 13 at 7 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)