SALEM, Mass. — The Endicott men's basketball team notched a decisive 102-65 victory over Thomas (Me.) in the Salem State Holiday Classic on Sunday evening at Twohig Gymnasium.
Keith Brown (Pelham, N.H.) led the way for the Gulls with a team-high 25 points (10-17 FG, 5-10 3PT) to go along with five rebounds and four assists.
Joe Shehadi (Dorset, Vt.) also added a season-high 16 points (6-7 FG, 2-3 3 PT, 2-2 FT), five rebounds and two assists in the win, while Vinny Clifford (Danvers, Mass.) chipped in with 12 points (4-7 FG, 3-6 3PT, 1-1 FT).
As a team, Endicott compiled 25 assists, shot a season-high 61.0-percent from the floor (36-for-59), and saw 14 student-athletes find their way into the scoring column.
The Gulls ran away with the contest from the opening tip scoring 11 straight points and never looked back. Endicott also led by as many as 42 points with 11:15 remaining in the contest (82-40) before all was said and done.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Today's game was the first-ever meeting between the two programs.
- Endicott scored a season-high 59 points in the first half. That mark eclipsed the Gulls previous season-high of 56 points scored against Eastern Nazarene in the season opener on November 12 (95-81 win).
- The Gulls are 3-2 when scoring 50 or more points in the first half of a contest this year.
- Endicott has now scored 100 or more points in two games this season (2-0 overall).
- The Blue and Green's 25 assists tonight ranks tied for eighth all-time in a single-game in program history.
- Meanwhile, 10 out of the 15 Gulls who played in tonight's game recorded at least one assist.
- Shehadi was named the Team MVP for the Salem State Holiday Classic.
Endicott (8-3) hosts Western New England on Thursday, January 3 at 7:30 PM. Thomas (4-8) welcomes Colby-Sawyer to its campus on Saturday, January 5 at 4 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)