SALEM, Mass. – Josh Bowes (Edmonton, Alberta) and Logan Day (Seminole, Fla.) both scored twice to lead the No. 9/11 nationally ranked Endicott men's ice hockey team to a 10-4 non-conference win over Salem State University on Sunday evening at Rockett Arena.
Along with goals from Bowes and Day, the Gulls received tallies from Lloyd Hayes (West Newbury, Mass.), Jason Kalinowski (Stamford, Conn.), Jack Kilty (Medway, Mass.), Jake Simons (Coral Springs, Fla.), Jack Musil (Hull, England), and Daniel Kucerovy (Bethel Park, Pa.).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott 4-1-0 in the all-time series against Salem State.
- The Gulls have never lost in Rockett Arena (3-0-0).
- Bowes won a team-high 10 faceoffs.
- Endicott is 4-0-0 on the road this season.
- The Gulls scored two shorthanded goals (both in the second period, Simons at 17:11 | Day at 17:29). The two shorthanded goals are also tied for second all-time in a single game.
- The program record for shorthanded goals in a game is three against Johnson & Wales on February 6, 2016.
- Endicott also kept Salem State scoreless on the power play (0-for-7).
FOR THE FOES
- Derek Makimaa (Swartz Creek, Mich.), Mackenzie Cook (Reading, Mass.), Daniel Campbell (Waterloo, Ontario), and Parker Wood (Rochester Hills, Mich.) all found the back of the net for the Vikings.
- Jason Pucciarelli (Newmarket, Ontario) made 21 saves in the loss (3-5-0).
No. 9/11 Endicott (7-1-0) travels to Western New England on Friday, December 1 at 7 PM. Salem State (3-5-0) hosts Framingham State in a conference matchup on Saturday, December 2 at 2 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)