BEVERLY, Mass. – The No. 2/2 Endicott men's ice hockey team routed Nichols College, 7-1, in a conference matchup on Saturday night at Raymond J. Bourque Arena. Tonight's victory came as a direct response to yesterday's 6-1 loss to the Bison on the road.
Joseph Slovak (South Yarmouth, Mass.) led the Gulls in his first game back from injury with two goals – including the game-winner. Thomas Daniels (St. Louis, Mo.), Logan Day (Seminole, Fla.), Daniel Kucerovy (Bethel Park, Pa.), Ross Olsson (Billerica, Mass.), and Jack Kilty (Medway, Mass.) all added solo tallies in the win.
Meanwhile, Vincent Crivello (Rosemere, Quebec) notched the lone goal for the Bison at the 18:10 mark of the second period on feeds from J.B. Baker (Columbia, Md.) and Oliver Arnberg (Nynashamn, Sweden).
Endicott goaltender Justin Ketola (Esko, Minn.) finished with a game-high 23 saves in the win (7-1-2), while Colin Brennan (Chester, N.J.) suffered the loss (7-4-2) on 17 saves in 41:55 of action. Backup netminder Henry Burns (Camillus, N.Y.) made 16 saves in 18:02 of play in the third period.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott evened up the all-time series at 3-3-0 and snapped Nichols' five-game winning streak with tonight's victory.
- The Gulls are 7-1-0 at home this season.
- Kilty compiled one goal and an assist in the win to join Slovak in the multi-point night category.
- Josh Bowes (Edmonton, Alberta) won a game-high 13 faceoffs.
- Kucerovy went a perfect 10-for-10 at the faceoff dot.
- Bump Lisk (Lawrenceville, N.J.) led all student-athletes with a game-high four blocked shots.
FOR THE FOES
- Nichols is 3-5-0 on the road in 2017-18.
- Crivello's goal was his eighth of the season.
- Baker picked up his 15th assist, while Arnberg collected his first.
No. 2/2 Endicott (15-2-2, 11-1-0 CCC) hosts Salve Regina on Thursday, January 25 at 7 PM. Nichols (11-6-2, 6-4-2 CCC) travels to Johnson & Wales University next Thursday at 8 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)