PORTSMOUTH, R.I. — The No. 4/6 Endicott men's ice hockey team lost to No. 10/11 Salve Regina, 6-2, in conference action on Saturday night at the Portsmouth Abbey Ice Rink.
Salve Regina led for the entire contest racing out to a 3-0 lead before Jason Kalinowski (Stamford, Conn.) broke up the shutout 49 seconds into the third period. The Seahawks responded with two more goals before Ross Olson (Billerica, Mass.) sniped home a shot from the side of the net at 9:25 to round out the scoring for the Gulls.
Endicott goaltender Justin Ketola (Esko, Minn.) made 26 saves in the loss (7-3-2), while Blake Wojtala (Trenton, Mich.) stopped 39 shots to improve to 15-4-2 on the season.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 4-3-1 against nationally ranked opponents in program history.
- The Gulls are 7-2-1 on the road this season.
FOR THE FOES
- Colin Clapton (Canton, Mass.) scored twice to lead the Seahawks.
- Erik Udahl (East Walpole, Mass.), Jack Billings (Oak Lawn, Ill.), and Danny Eruzione (Winthrop, Mass.) also potted goals for Salve Regina.
- The Seahawks are 8-2-0 in their last 10 games.
No. 4/6 Endicott (15-4-2, 11-3-0 CCC) travels to Suffolk University on Friday, February 2 at 7 PM. No. 10/11 Salve Regina (15-4-2, 10-2-2 CCC) hosts Johnson & Wales University next Friday at 7:05 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)