BEVERLY, Mass. — The Endicott men's ice hockey team welcomed Western New England to the Raymond J. Bourque Arena on Saturday night and came away with an 8-1 victory.
Leading the Gulls offensively was Joseph Slovak (South Yarmouth, Mass.), who netted his first career hat-trick during the game. Also tallying goals for Endicott were James Winkler (York, Maine), Ricky Carballo (Keller, Texas), Tommy Besinger (Milton, Mass.), Daniel Kucerovy (Bethel Park, Pa.), and Lloyd Hayes (West Newbury, Mass.).
With time running down in the third frame, the Golden Bears broke the shutout attempt with a goal from Matt O'Dea (Orland Park, Ill.).
Mark Specia (Ringwood, N.J.) earned the start in net and made 24 saves to improve to 1-0-0 on the season.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Earning assists during the game were Ryan Dougherty (Sterling Heights, Mich.), Jonathan Waring (Farmington Hills, Mich.), Jason Kalinowski (Stamford, Conn.), Josh Bowes (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada), Mario Tropea (Voorhees, N.J.), Jacob Gammelgaard (Esbjerg, Denmark), Michael Heidkamp (Marietta, Ga.), Kucerovy, Carballo, and Besinger.
- 13 Gulls recorded at least one point throughout the contest.
- Slovak, Carballo, and Besinger all had three points on the night, while Kucerovy, Heidkamp, and Waring all had two points.
- The Gulls held a 40-25 shot advantage.
- Two of Endicott's goals were power plays, while one was shorthanded.
- Kevin Gollmer (Flourtown, Pa.) made 32 saves during the loss for WNE.
Endicott (2-0-1, 2-0-0 CCC) travels to Nichols on Friday, Nov. 9 for a 6:40 PM conference contest. Western New England (0-3-0, 0-2-0 CCC) is on the road at the University of New England at 7 PM on Friday, Nov. 9.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)