BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott men's ice hockey team defeated Salem State, 7-1, on Sunday afternoon at the Raymond J. Bourque Arena.
The Gulls took a quick 3-0 lead in the first period on goals from Josh Bowes (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada), Hunter Luhmann (Lebanon, N.H.), and Jonathan Waring (Farmington Hills, Mich.) and never looked back.
Meanwhile, in the third, the Gulls the finished off the victory as Luhmann and Kucerovy each found the back of the net for the second time in the game at 2:28 and 16:42, respectively.
Salem State did break up the shutout, however, via a goal from Brody Heleno (Mississauga, Ontario) at 8:25 of the third, on the power play.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott leads the all-time series with a 6-1-0 record against the Vikings.
- Connor O'Brien (Pinellas Park, Fla.) improved to 2-2-1 for the Gulls with 22 saves.
- Bowes and Waring also finished with two assists on the evening. Bowes now has four multi-point games this season, while Waring has three.
- Olivier Lacroix (Montreal, Quebec) (1-2-0) recorded 46 saves for the Vikings.
- Rickey Carballo (Keller, Texas) finished the game with a career-high three assists for Endicott.
- Luhmann and Waring each scored their first career goals for the Gulls.
- 11 student-athletes earned at least one point for Endicott in the win.
Endicott (4-3-1, 3-3-0 CCC) hosts Wentworth at 7 PM on Friday, November 30. Salem St. (2-5-0, 2-3-0 MASCAC) will host Southern Me. on Tuesday, November 27 for a 7:00 PM contest.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)