SALEM, Mass. – With 1:05 remaining in the contest, Endicott freshman Hunter Luhmann (Lebanon, N.H.) rifled home a wrist shot into the right corner of the net to lift the Gulls past Salem State, 3-2, on Monday evening at Rockett Arena.
Jack Kilty (Medway, Mass.) helped set up the game-winner by keeping the puck in the offensive zone along the boards before he dumped the puck behind the net for Luhmann, who fended off a defender, curled to the left face-off dot and whipped a shot off the right post and in for the tally.
Meanwhile, Gulls' goaltender Conor O'Brien (Pinellas Park, Fla.) made 21 saves to improve to 7-2-2 on the season.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Gulls are 7-1-0 all-time against Salem State.
- Endicott has won the last seven meetings versus the Vikings.
- Today's game-winner was the second of Luhmann's career, both of which have come against Salem Sate.
- The Gulls are ranked No. 8 in the latest D3hockey.com poll and No. 10 in the most recent USCHO.com poll.
- Luhmann's late heroics extended Endicott's unbeaten streak to nine straight games (8-0-1).
- Today's game was the 100th game in program history.
- Carter Horwitz (Tustin, Calif.) is the only student-athlete in program history to play in all 100 games for the Gulls.
No. 8/10 Endicott (11-3-2) hosts Curry College this Friday night at 7 PM. Friday's game will serve as Danvers Hockey Night and will feature youth hockey shootouts in between periods. Falcons' fans who wear their gear to the game will get in for free. Salem State (5-9-1) travels to Plymouth State University this Thursday at 6 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)