BEVERLY, Mass. – The No. 10/12 Endicott men's ice hockey team defeated Becker College, 9-1, on Friday night in conference action at Raymond J. Bourque Arena.
Endicott jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first period via goals courtesy of Jason Kalinowski (Stamford, Conn.), Jack Kilty (Medway, Mass.), and Jake Simons (Coral Springs, Fla.) and the Gulls were never threatened the rest of the way.
Joseph Slovak (South Yarmouth, Mass.), John Carricato (Ridge, N.Y.), and Simons all found the back of the net in the second period, while Ross Olsson (Billerica, Mass.), Ricky Carballo (Keller, Texas) and Simons registered goals in the final 20 minutes of action to cap the scoring for the Gulls.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott improved to 7-0-0 in the all-time series against Becker.
- The Gulls have outscored the Hawks 51-8.
- The first seven goals of the game were scored by someone whose first name starts with the letter J (Jake Cagnina scored Becker's first goal of the game to break Endicott's string of six straight).
- The hat trick for Simons was the first of his career and seventh in program history.
- Carter Horwitz (Tustin, Calif.) and Jacob Gammelgaard (Esbjerg, Denmark) both dished out a career-high three assists.
Endicott (13-4-2, 7-4-0 CCC) travels to Becker (2-16-1, 1-9-1 CCC) tomorrow at 7 PM to complete the home-and-home series between the two programs.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)