BEVERLY, Mass. — Endicott men's ice hockey senior forward Tommy Besinger (Milton, Mass.) has signed an amateur tryout contract (ATO) with the Evansville Thunderbolts of the Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL).
"The most loyal and fierce competitor I've had the privilege to coach in a long time," said Endicott men's ice hockey head coach R.J. Tolan. "Tommy will find a way to be successful in hockey and beyond. I'm so excited to have him represent Endicott College with the Thunderbolts."
In 71 career games for the Gulls (2015-19), Besinger scored 33 goals and dished out 71 assists for 104 points. He also registered 14 power play goals and six game-winning goals in his career.
Additionally, Besinger is only the third student-athlete in program history to reach the 100 career point plateau. Besinger currently ranks third all-time in points, first in points per game (1.46), fifth in goals, sixth in goals per game (0.46), tied for second in game-winning goals, tied for third in power play goals, second in assists, and first in assists per game (1.00).
TOMMY BESINGER CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
- 2018-19 CCC All-Conference Second Team
- 2018-19 Joe Concannon Award Semifinalist
- 2019 Northfield Savings Bank Holiday Tournament MVP
- 2018-19 CCC Player of the Week (1/7/19)
- 2016-17 CCM All-America East Third Team (3/23/17)
- 2016-17 All-USCHO Third Team (3/31/17)
- 2016-17 New England Hockey Writers' Association All-Region selection (3/31/17)
- 2016-17 All-CCC First Team
- 2016-17 Joe Concannon Award Semifinalist
- D3hockey.com Team of the Week (11/8/18)
- ECAC Northeast All-Tournament Team (3/5/16)
MORE ON THE SPHL
The Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL) is a professional ice hockey league based in Huntersville, North Carolina, with teams located primarily in the southeastern United States as well as Illinois and Indiana in the midwestern United States.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)