BEVERLY, Mass. – Endicott men's ice hockey senior forward Josh Bowes (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada) has signed an amateur tryout contract with the Huntsville Havoc of the Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL).
"Josh is the best forward I've had in 10 years," said Endicott men's ice hockey head coach R.J. Tolan. "The only thing that surpassed his performance on the ice was the impact he had on Endicott College and my family as a person!"
In 102 career games for the Gulls (2015-19), Bowes scored 56 goals and dished out 61 assists for 117 points. He also registered nine power play goals, 10 shorthanded goals, and four game-winning goals in his career.
Bowes currently ranks second all-time in program history in points, fifth in points per game (1.15), first in goals, third in goals per game (0.55), sixth in game-winning goals and power play tallies, first in shorthanded goals, third in assists, seventh in assists per game (0.60), and fourth in games played.
JOSH BOWES CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
- 2017-18 AHCA All-American Scholar
- 2017-18 CCC Academic All-Conference
- 2016-17 AHCA All-American Scholar
- 2016-17 CCC Academic All-Conference
- 4x Dean's List Recipient
- NAPHL All-Academic Team
- Signed with the Huntsville Havoc of the SPHL
- 2018-19 CCC All-Conference First Team
- D3hockey.com Team of the Week (1/18/19)
- 2018-19 CCC Player of the Week (10/29/18)
- 2018 NSCA All-American
- 2016-17 CCC Player of the Week (1/30/17)
- 2015-16 ECAC Northeast Rookie of the Week (11/23/15)
- NAPHL Top Prospects Team
MORE ON THE SPHL
The Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL) is a professional ice hockey league based in Huntersville, North Carolina, with teams located primarily in the southeastern United States as well as Illinois and Indiana in the midwestern United States.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)