BEVERLY, Mass. – Endicott seniors Colin Bannon (Westport, Conn.) and Will Jennings (Danvers, Mass.) both scored hat tricks to guide the Gulls past Roger Williams, 15-10, in both teams' respective conference openers on Saturday afternoon during a mixture of snowy and rainy conditions at Hempstead Stadium.
Bannon also dished out two assists to lead all point-getters in the contest for five points total, while Jennings registered one assist to finish the day with four points. Bryan McManus (Madison, Conn.) chipped in with a pair of goals and two assists, and Teddy Hannon (Duxbury, Mass.) added two tallies to highlight the list of multiple goal scorers for Endicott.
Meanwhile, Tommy Hughes (Coram, N.Y.), Shane Hughes (York Beach, Maine), Will Clark (Burnt Hills, N.Y.), Chris Reilly (Westwood, Mass.), and A.J. MacDonald (New Fairfield, Conn.) all found the back of the net once in the win.
The turning point in the matchup came at 7:13 of the second when Jennings scored his second of three goals on the day to jump-start a 3-0 run for the Gulls and break up a 6-6 tie. Roger Williams never recovered from the 9-6 differential on the scoreboard as the Hawks only brought the game within two (9-7, 1:32 of the 2nd) once more before eventually falling to Endicott on the road.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 22-5 in the all-time series versus Roger Williams.
- The Gulls owned the face-off X (24-for-29) and went 10-for-12 in transition.
- T. Hughes was 24-for-28 at the face-off X for Endicott, and also scooped up a game-high 17 ground balls.
- Defensively, Endicott caused five turnovers and collected a game-high 44 ground balls.
- Grant Thompson (South Hamilton, Mass.) made eight saves to earn his first career win (1-3).
- Clark's goal with four seconds remaining in the third was the first of his collegiate career.
FOR THE FOES
- Jude Marzec (West Islip, N.Y.) and Eddie Hill (Somers, Conn.) tied for the team-high in goals with three each.
- Chris Bova (Ridgefield, Conn.) notched two goals and two assists, while Max Cammarota (Redding, Conn.) had one goal and three assists, as both student-athletes recorded a team-best four points each on the day.
- Weston Nolan (Falmouth, Maine) made a season-high 19 saves in the loss (2-3).
- Justin MacIntyre (Norwalk, Conn.) also scored for the Hawks.
Endicott (1-6, 1-0 CCC) travels to the University of New England next Wednesday, March 29 for a conference matchup at 4 PM. Roger Williams (3-4, 0-1 CCC) hosts Curry in a league game on Tuesday, March 28 at 4 PM.