BOSTON, Mass. – The Endicott men's lacrosse team did not allow a goal until the fourth quarter en route to a 10-1 league victory over Wentworth on Monday night at Sweeney Field.
Will Jennings (Danvers, Mass.) guided Endicott offensively with five goals and one assist. Bryan McManus (Madison, Conn.) buried two goals and also dished out two assists, while Tommy Hughes (Coram, N.Y.), Matthew Faucher (Western Springs, Ill.), and Colin Bannon (Westport, Conn.) all notched solo tallies in the victory.
Defensively, Grant Thompson (South Hamilton, Mass.) stopped 11 of the 12 shots he faced on goal to move to 3-3 on the season. The Gulls also recorded 59 ground balls – including a game-high 12 from McManus – and nine caused turnovers. Meanwhile, Wentworth was limited to just 25 shots total, and only 12 on goal.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Hughes went 12-for-14 at the face-off X, and scooped up seven ground balls.
- Endicott scored six straight goals before Wentworth finally found the scoreboard at 12:25 of the fourth.
- McManus answered at 8:30 of the fourth to make it 7-1, while Jennings followed with three unanswered goals to wrap up the win (6:35, 5:54, 3:20).
- Jennings has scored 11 goals in his last two games, and at least three or more in his last four straight.
- The Gulls have won three games in a row.
FOR THE FOES
- Spencer Allen (New Boston, N.H.) broke up the shutout for the Leopards at 12:25 of the fourth with his eighth goal of the season.
- Adam Dufault (Lexington, Mass.) stopped 22 shots in the loss (5-4).
Endicott (3-6, 3-0 CCC) hosts Nichols this Wednesday in a league matchup at 4:00 PM. Wentworth (5-4, 1-2 CCC) welcomes Gordon to Sweeney Field on Wednesday at 7 PM.