BEVERLY, Mass. – Endicott senior attackman Will Jennings (Danvers, Mass.) registered a single-game program record 12 points to lead the Gulls past Nichols, 21-8, on Wednesday evening in a conference matchup at Hempstead Stadium.
Jennings potted eight goals and also dished out four assists to surpass Nick Cosco (11 points, Castleton, 5/10/08) and Nick Pinciaro (11 points, Salve Regina, 3/21/15) for first place on the all-time list. Jennings' eight goals also marks the third time in his career he has tied the single-game goals record, which is shared with Josh Gilbert (Salve Regina, 4/28/07) and Kyle Weber (Eastern Connecticut, 3/11/13).
Along with Jennings' eight tallies, Endicott's offense featured two goals apiece from Shane Hughes (York Beach, Maine), Chris Reilly (Westwood, Mass.), and Luke Wallahan (Pleasant Hill, Calif.) and solo markers from Will Clark (Burnt Hills, N.Y.), Tommy Hughes (Coram, N.Y.), Bryan McManus (Madison, Conn.), Brett Sooy (Chagrin Falls, Ohio), A.J. MacDonald (New Fairfield, Conn.), Colin Bannon (Westport, Conn.), and Ben Clark (Burnt Hills, N.Y.).
Grant Thompson (South Hamilton, Mass.) stopped five shots in 30 minutes of action to move to 4-3 on the season, while Kenny Sturgess (Hampstead, N.H.) notched three saves, and Austin Fournier (Martha's Vineyard, Mass.) had four saves. Sturgess played 17:25 minutes in the second half, Fournier followed over the next 8:22 minutes, and Patrick Dean (Westhampton, N.Y.) closed out the final 4:13.
Endicott raced out to a 4-0 lead in the first quarter (14:06-6:44) before Nichols answered with a 3-1 run that spilled into the second quarter to make it a 5-3 contest (13:55). The Gulls then responded with a 9-0 outburst - fueled by Jennings who scored four straight goals during the run - and never looked back the rest of the way.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Gulls 38 points in today's win ranks tied for ninth all-time in a single-game.
- Endicott is 19-0 all-time against Nichols.
- The Blue and Green's 17 assists ranks tied for third all-time in a single-game.
FOR THE FOES
- Mackenzie Martin (Merrimack, N.H.) had a team-high two goals.
- The Bison saw six different student-athletes register solo tallies.
- Brian McKinley (Nashua, N.H.) made five saves in the the start(30:00 of action) and the loss (3-5), while James Keane (Franklin, Mass.) also compiled five saves in the second half.
Endicott (4-6, 4-0 CCC) travels to Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) foe Western New England University this Saturday at 4 PM. Nichols (7-5, 1-3 CCC) hosts Western New England next Tuesday at 4 PM.