SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. – The Endicott men's lacrosse team defeated Skidmore College, 11-4, on Saturday afternoon in non-conference action at Wachenheim Field.
Trailing 2-1 midway through the first quarter, the Gulls used a pair of 3-0 runs to claim a four-goal lead at the break (7-3) and come away with their first win of the season (1-2).
Will Clark (Burnt Hills, N.Y.), Jack Sutherland (Sudbury, Mass.), and Derek Yannone (Lynnfield, Mass.) guided Endicott's first run in the opening quarter (4:12-1:40), while Mike Sudora (Monroe, Conn.), Sam Abate (Beverly, Mass.) and Sutherland spearheaded the Gulls' other 3-0 run in the second with goals at 12:45, 10:44, and 9:40, respectively.
Sutherland led Endicott with two goals and one assist, while Sudora also found the back of the net twice.
Patrick Dean (Westhampton, N.Y.) was sharp in goal as the senior stopped a season-high 13 shots.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 2-0 all-time against Skidmore.
- Today's meeting was the first between the two programs since 3/6/2013 (W, 9-8, Beverly, Mass.).
- For the third time this season, Yannone won the faceoff battle, this time going 13-for-16 at the X.
- Endicott scored their first and second man-up goals this season.
- Nick Arcadipane (Groveland, Mass.) buried the Gulls' first man-up goal of the year at 6:44 of the first to make it a 1-1 contest, while Sudora capped the scoring in the win with a man-up strike at 2:29 of the fourth.
Endicott (1-2) travels to No. 4 nationally ranked Tufts University on Tuesday, March 12 at 7 PM. Skidmore (1-3) hosts Curry College on Monday, March 11 at 2 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)