AMHERST, Mass. – The Endicott men's lacrosse team lost to No. 2 nationally ranked Amherst, 12-10, on Tuesday evening in non-conference action on Pratt Field at Lehrman Stadium.
The first quarter was the difference in today's game as Amherst outscored the Gulls 4-2 and never relinquished the lead the rest of the way.
From there, both teams matched each other in total goals in every quarter — second/third (2-2), fourth (4-4) — to account for the remainder of the scoring in the contest.
Endicott also saw Will Clark (Burnt Hills, N.Y.) dish out three assists, Patrick Dean (Westhampton, N.Y.) make nine saves and Derek Yannone (Lynnfield, Mass.) go 13-for-24 at the face-off X to round out the list of highlights.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Amherst is ranked No. 2 in the latest United States Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association (USILA) national poll.
- Endicott led 1-0 on Parry's goal at 12:21 of the first quarter.
- Amherst answered with four straight goals and never allowed the Gulls to tie or take the lead for the remainder of the game.
- The Gulls brought the contest within one goal on two separate occasions in the second quarter (4-3, 5-4) after Amherst's 4-0 run in the first.
- Today's game was the 14th meeting between the two programs.
Endicott (1-5) opens up conference play against Curry at home on Saturday, March 23 at 3 PM. No. 2 Amherst (6-0) travels to Hamilton next Saturday at 1 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)