WENHAM, Mass. – The Endicott men's lacrosse team posted an 18-7 conference victory over Gordon College on Saturday afternoon at the Brigham Athletic Complex.
The Gulls outscored the Fighting Scots, 8-0, in the first quarter and never looked back to improve to 3-6 overall and 2-0 in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) play.
Mike Sudora (Monroe, Conn.), Neal Parry (Marshfield, Mass.), and Matthew Faucher (Western Springs, Ill.) fueled Endicott in the first quarter with two goals apiece, while Jack Sutherland (Sudbury, Mass.) and Elijah Bard (Agawam, Mass.) also recorded solo tallies. The eight goals in the first quarter are a season-high.
Meanwhile, for the game, Faucher paced Endicott with a game-high five points (3g, 2a), while Sudora (3g, 1a) and Sutherland (2g, 2a) finished with four points to highlight the rest of the offense.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Gulls are now 26-5 all-time against Gordon and have won the last 11 matchups.
- Derek Yannone (Lynnfield, Mass.) went 16-for-18 at the faceoff X and collected 15 ground balls. He is now 9-0 against his opponent at the faceoff X this spring.
- Patrick Dean (Westhampton, N.Y.) got the start in net and improved to 3-6 on the season.
- Austin Fournier (Martha's Vineyard, Mass.) and Will Tortorella (Sharon, Conn.) also saw time in goal for the Gulls as the duo made three and two saves, respectively.
- Endicott's offense featured 11 different goal scorers.
- Danny McEvoy (Needham, Mass.) scored two goals in the contest, including his first collegiate goal at 12:07 of the third fourth quarter (unassisted).
- The Gulls scored a season-high 18 goals in today's win.
Endicott (3-6, 2-0 CCC) hosts Babson at 7 PM on Wednesday, April 3 at Hempstead Stadium. Gordon (3-5, 0-3 CCC) travels to Roger Williams on Tuesday, April 2 for a 7 PM contest.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)